With Fall in full swing and Winter weather looming, you may have noticed a change in your skin. Personally, as it gets colder my face becomes much drier and in turn my coloring appears increasingly more dull. It's typically around mid to late September that I adjust my skin care routine to combat these seasonal skin issues. I truly believe that healthy skin is every girls best accessory and I'm a little fanatical when it comes to taking care of mine :)
Below, my Fall/Winter skin care arsenal and tips on how to best care for your skin over the next few months.
MY FAVORITE FALL PRODUCTS
1. Guerlain Secret de Purete Exfoliator: This is a new find for me and I'm loving it! A gentle milky textured exfoliant to use before cleansing. Sloughs off dead skin and enables better penetration of the active ingredients present in post cleansing and moisturizing. I apply in circular motions and wipe away with warm water and a washcloth every other morning.
2. Murad AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser: I use this exfoliator every night and love the results. It plumps skin, evens out tone and helps to prevent breakouts. It's a more intensive exfoliant than Guerlain and I like how it preps the skin for an evening moisturizer or treatment.
3. Raw One For Women: Healthy skin really does start on the inside! I have my husband to thank for this one. He brought this raw, vegan, gluten & dairy free multivitamin home for me from Whole Foods approximately 4 months ago and I've noticed improved skin tone and a huge difference in my nail strength since then. Additionally, at a recent hair appointment my stylist swore I had a ton of new baby hairs growing in. Nothing else has changed for me diet wise except this supplement - I'm hooked!
4. Dr Dennis Gross 14 Day Challenge With Ferulic Acid + Retinol Brightening Solution: Wonderful product if you are experiencing breakouts or wish to minimize the appearance of imperfections and blotchiness. This is a very gentle peel that takes less than 5 minutes. I use it for 14 days at night, every couple of months. There is no peeling or downtime, it simply and subtly clears skin and makes it more smooth, bright and radiant. Im not a huge "spa" person so I love products that work quickly and efficiently and deliver spa quality results - this is definitely one of them.
5. AmorePacific Moisture Bound Refreshing Oil Free Hydra-Gel: This product is slightly more fragrant than I typically prefer but is amazingly moisture rich yet doesn't clog pores. Often I find night creams too heavy or non absorbant and this is just the opposite. It's the perfect balance of a cream and a gel and leaves skin soft and hydrated. I use after cleansing and before bed.
6. Boscia Mini Mask Medley: These were one of those 'spur of the moment' purchases at Sephora. Don't they always get you with their sample size goodies available in the check out line!? Irregardless, they were a gem of a find and I've since been back for more. The box consists of three different, single use, peel off masks which you use consecutively 3 evenings in a row or in whichever order you prefer. Each mask elicits different results and I have found all three to be easy to use and beneficial to the clarity and tone of my complexion.
7. Precision MD Vivatia Brightening Complex: A registered nurse friend of mine who happens to work at a cosmetic dermatologists office recommended this product to me. It's fantastic and REALLY works to fade dark spots from sun damage or Melasma. Dark pigmentation patches become particularly more noticeable in the Fall/Winter and this product really works to correct discoloration and brighten skin tone. I use after cleansing and exfoliating and before my night cream.
8. eos Organic Lip Balm: These little guys are available virtually everywhere and I'm so addicted! Not only are they packaged in cute little egg shaped containers where the balm never gets smushed and you don't have to apply with your finger, they smell great and hydrate like no other. Cheap and effective - love.
9. Dermadoctor Photodynamic Therapy Lotion With SPF: I've blogged about this in the past and it's essentially a year round product for me. It's always in my makeup bag and I never travel without it. It's the perfect day cream with SPF 30 protection that doesn't go on chalky or leave your skin with that sunscreen coated feeling. Best of all it aids in simulating light therapy by aiding to transform UV rays into red light rays - an energy source that assists in anti aging. No matter the conditions outside you should always wear sunscreen! Especially in combination with the retinol (Dr Dennis Gross' Peel) and brightening products (Precision MD Vivatia) I've discussed above.